The REWARD Alliance aims to work with a number of stakeholder groups interested in ensuring and improving value in research.
Current or planned groups include:
- A Research funders group which is convened by NIHR, PCORI and ZonMW, and now involves funders from several countries. The group has had several meetings to share ideas and experience in ensuring value in research based on the 5 stages. If you are a funder interested in working with this group please contact AddingValue@NIHR.ac.uk
- An editors and Publisher’s group is being explored by Liz Wager. If you are interested please contact her at email@example.com
- A research institutions group, which is being explored by David Moher. If you are interested please contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Research on research” working group focusing on research waste. This group look at mapping current methodical initiatives focusing on 5 pillars of REWARD. Members of the group would also be involved in conducting methodological research to fill gaps and contribute in building a bibliography of literature on each aspect. If you are interested please contact Mona Nasser email@example.com
- A REWARD Regulation and Governance working group is being convened to examine how those involved in review, regulation and governance of research can contribute to the REWARD Alliance. We are currently a group of ethics committee members, but are keen to hear from anyone else in the broader regulatory or governance communities. Our initial priorities are to examine how regulatory review and governance can help to reduce waste by ensuring that researchers have taken systematic account of existing evidence when planning new research, and have reported their studies accurately. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As the need arises, we will consider other groupings that have a common interest in a specific aspect or area of research waste.